1. ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN (Post Code No: AL/05/2018)
Number of post to be filled up: l(One) only.
Degree in Library Science from a recognised University.
Knowledge of Computer Operation in Library work. It includes-(i) Knowledge and experience of working with any standard “Library Automation Software” for House Keeping activities in the library such as cataloguing, acquisition and circulation etc. and (ii) Knowledge and experience of computerized search both of on-line and off-line databases including retrieval of desired information through various search engines/processes
Desirable: Diploma in Computer Applications of a recognised University or Institute.
Age: Not more than 44 years as on 01/01/2018. Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Tenure of engagement: 12 (Twelve) months only.
Remuneration: Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only)- per month shall be paid.
MODE OF SELECTION: Shortlisted candidate will be called for written examination /interview. No hard copy of the letter will be sent to the candidate. All the candidates are advised to regularly check the university website for date of written/interview etc.
Last date of application to be received at University office: 31st October, 2018.
General Instructions to the Candidates
1. Prescribed application form may be downloaded from the ASTU website www.astu.ac.in. A candidate should not submit more than one application. The envelop sending the application should be superscribed “Application for the post of “Name of the Post (Post coder on the top of the envelope addressed to The Registrar, Assam Science and Technology University, Tetelia Road, Jalukbari, Guwahati-781013. The size of the prescribed application form is approximately 21cm x 29.7cm (A4 size)
2. Canvassing in any form may lead to disqualification.
3. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the written examination/ interview.
4. All disputes will be under the Jurisdiction of Guwahati, Assam only.
1. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason.
2. If the number of candidates is more, shortlisting may be done.
More details are here