Master’s degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent
professional degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of 55% marks where grading
system is practiced and a consistently good academic record with knowledge on computerization on library.
2. Qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or the other accredited test like SLET/ SET in Library
Science conducted for the purpose by UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
3. Holders of Ph.D. Degree as on the date of Notifications of these Regulations, along with those candidates
who are awarded a Ph.D. degree through a process of admission, registration course work and external
evaluation as laid down in the UGC (Minimums standards and procedure for award of M.Phil/ Ph.D Degree),
Regulations, 2009 and so adopted by the university shall be exempted from NET/ SLET/ SET.NET can be
relaxed for candidates having 1st Class Masters of Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation
4) SOCIAL RESERVATION –
1. As per Government Resolution No. CBC-10/ 2003/ P.K./ MVK, Dated 28th January, 2004 SC/ VJ-NT/ OBC
candidates shall submit their Validity Certificate within 3 Months from the date of joining (if validity is not
available at the time of interview).
2. As per the Government resolution No. STC-1099/ PK-14/ C-10 Dated 16th August, 2000 & STC/ 14200/ PK43/
C-10 Dated 27th January, 2003 candidates belongs to ST category is mandatory to submit Caste Validity
Certificate at the time of interview.
3. As per the Government Resolution No. CBC-1097/ PK-02/ 97/ 16B Dated 29th March, 1997 A/B/C/D points
in VJ-NT Category are interchangeable.
4. As per the Government Resolution No. CBC-10/ 2006/ PK-15/ MVK-5 Dated 5th June, 2006 candidates
belong to VJ/ NT, OBC & SBC will have to submit Non Creamy Layer Certificate at the time of interview.
5) PARALLEL RESERVATIONAs
per the Government Resolution No. SRV-1097/ PK-31/ 98/ 16-1, Dated 16th March, 1999, 3% reservation
for Physically Handicapped and 30% reservation for women shall be observed.
NOTE : The appointment is on the basis of final decision of High Court Aurangabad Bench of write petition
More details are here