Name of Post/Cadre Library Information Assistant I Technical Assistant
Scale of Pay Pay Level-6, Pay in pay matrix: (Rs. 35,400-1,12,400)
No. of Post(s) 1-UR
Age Limit for UR positions 35 Years
Essential Qualifications Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLISc.) with at least
60% marks from a recognized university or equivalent and M.C.A.
I M.Sc. (CS or IT).
Advertisement for the non-teaching positions-2018 Page4 of45
Name of Post/Cadre: Library Information Assistant I Technical Assistant
Scale of Pay: Pay Level-6, Pay in pay matrix: (Rs. 35,400-1,12,400)
No. of Post(s):1 UR
Age Limit for UR positions: 35 years
Essential Experience:Relevant experience of 3 years in a Library I Computerization of a Library or one year certificate in computer application from a recoized Institution or equivalent.
Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLISc.) with at least 60% marks from a recognized university or equivalent and M.C.A. I M.Sc. (CS or IT).
B.E. I B.Tech. (CS or IT) and Master’s Degree in Library Science with at least 60% marks or equivalent diploma in Library Science of a recognized University/Institute or equivalent obtained after
Significant experience and in C++, C, MYSQL, PL/Server, Struts, JAVA, JSP, JAVA Script, J2EE Architecture, Strut Framework, PostgreSQL Database.
1. Updation and maintenance of National Academic Repository (NAD).
2. Updation and maintenance of AISHE portal.
3. Updation and maintenance of Shodhganga project.
4. Coordination with Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and other information portals and survey systems, wherein the Institute should submit the statistics I data on time.
5. Management ofNIRF ranking Data Cell.
6. Institute website information system and content management, dynamic updation on daily basis.
7. Creation and Management of Institute’s Physical and Digital Archives.
10. Management of Central Record Keeping (Physical and Digital).
11. Creation and management of various statistics on real time basis such as Student information system, Library e-resources and Journals, Research Publications, H-Index etc. and releasing
the updates on the website and to the Community.
12. Digital I Physical information system management under the Centre for Archives and Digitization (CAD) under Institute’s Digital Initiatives Project (DIP), as assigned by the Institute authorities from time to time.
More details are here