1. Name of the Post Assistant Librarian
2. No. of posts 1 (one) Unreserved
3. Classification Group A,
4. Scale of pay PB-3 Rs.15,600-39100 +GP 5400 (As per 6th CPC, scale likely to be revised).
5. Whether Selection post or Non Selection post Selection
6. Age limit for Direct Recruitment 45 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be given as per Rules.
7. Educational and other qualification required for direct recruitment
Essential: 1. Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science with at least 55% marks from a recognized University and a good academic record.
2. Qualifying in the national –level test,NET/SLET/SET in Library Science conducted by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
3. At least 5 years of experience in Library work in a reputed educational institute, of which 3 years shall be as Professional Assistant or equivalent post in the Pay Scale of Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4200 or equivalent
Note: Candidates, who are, or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree),
Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from there quirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
1. Experience in the use of Information technology to provide access to e-resources and metadata. Knowledge of current technologies in digital and web-based library services.
2. Candidates having social science background,rich experience and having the knowledge of library computerization, digitization and surfing to download the articles will be preferred.
More details are here